1. eubind for 4.2 not respecting -con

I just used -con with eubind but the resulting exe is still launching a separate window.

Is there a separate tool? There was a "setsubsys.exe" I used to use years ago for just this task.

-Bruce

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: eubind for 4.2 not respecting -con

axtens_bruce said...

I just used -con with eubind but the resulting exe is still launching a separate window.

Is there a separate tool? There was a "setsubsys.exe" I used to use years ago for just this task.

It looks like -con flag is just a way of specifying the backed as either eub.exe (console) or eubw.exe (windows), which you can also specify with the -eub flag.

The problem it seems, is that eub and eubw.exe aren't actually any different, and eub.exe still runs in a new window. You can test this by shrouding and then running your il file with either backend.

eushroud.exe test.ex -- create our il file 
eubw.exe test.il -- opens a new window, as expected 
eub.exe test.il -- opens a new window, but shouldn't 

Pretty sure this is a problem in the Makefile. Looks like this section in Makefile.gnu is wrong:

$(BUILDDIR)/$(EBACKENDC) $(BUILDDIR)/$(EBACKENDW) :  $(EUB_RES) $(EUBW_RES) 
	$(CC) $(EOSFLAGS) $(EUB_RES) $(EU_BACKEND_RUNNER_OBJECTS) $(EU_BACKEND_OBJECTS) -lm $(LDLFLAG) $(COVERAGELIB) $(DEBUG_FLAGS) $(MSIZE) $(PROFILE_FLAGS) -o $(BUILDDIR)/$(EBACKENDC) 
ifeq "$(EMINGW)" "1" 
	$(CC) $(EOSFLAGS) $(EUBW_RES) $(EU_BACKEND_RUNNER_OBJECTS) $(EU_BACKEND_OBJECTS) -lm $(LDLFLAG) $(COVERAGELIB) $(DEBUG_FLAGS) $(MSIZE) $(PROFILE_FLAGS) -o $(BUILDDIR)/$(EBACKENDW) 
endif 

The first line builds eub.exe and the second line (in the ifeq block) builds eubw.exe, but only for MinGW/Windows. In the first line, $(EOSFLAGS) needs to be changed to $(EOSFLAGSCONSOLE) which will remove -mwindows from the flags.

You could try this yourself but I'll include it with latest updates to build.mak, which are nearly complete. (Note to self: separate the EBACKENDC/EBACKENDW targets and put all "W" targets in their own ifeq block.)

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu